Excuse the brag, but we've really outdone ourselves here. Proving that true trail-taming capability doesn't have to come at an intimidating price, the Rockhopper Expert is the culmination of 30 years of redefining the relationship between value and performance.
Start with a painstakingly engineered Premium A1 Aluminum frame, add in modern geometry that keeps one eye on efficiency and the other on confident capability and you have the rock-solid foundation of our best Rockhopper yet.
Pair that with a parts list that just doesn't quit (...can we get a shoutout for RockShox's Judy SoloAir fork and Shimano's always-in-charge MT200 hydraulic disc brakes?) and you have a tubeless-ready, SRAM Eagle 1x12-equipped Rockhopper that's absolutely prepared to fly.
- A heart of gold, presented in our lightweight yet durable Premium A1 Aluminum, the Rockhopper features butted aluminum tubes in order to keep weight low and strength high, all while providing increased standover clearance, slick internal cable routing and dropper-post compatibility. With the goal of making sure that the Rockhopper offers both the best fit and best performance for every person, no matter their measure, we’ve paired each Rockhopper frame size with the optimal wheel size. The result is a Rockhopper to fit every rider and the assurance that every Rockhopper is rolling on the best-handling wheel for its frame size.
- A breath of fresh air at this price point—and plenty north of it, RockShox’s Judy SoloAir brings air-sprung sensitivity and performance to the masses with a killer value proposition: more bang, less buck. The TurnKey damper deftly dishes out travel letting you focus on what’s ahead.
- Soar up climbs and dive down descents with SRAM's ultra-wide-range SX Eagle 1x12 drivetrain.
- Tubeless-ready rims and tires keep your options open and traction on-call.
Specialized Rockhopper Expert 2021
FRAME A1 premium butted alloy, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, stealth rack mounts, dropper post compatible SEAT BINDER Alloy, quick release, 34.9
FORK RockShox Judy, Solo Air, Turnkey damper, 42mm offset, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), alloy steerer
STEM Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise HANDLEBARS Stout Mini Rise, alloy, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm GRIPS Specialized Trail Grips, lock-on SADDLE Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155/143mm SEATPOST Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed SHIFT LEVERS SRAM SX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed CASSETTE SRAM PG-1210 Eagle, 11-50t CHAIN SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed CRANKSET SRAM SX Eagle, Powerspline CHAINRINGS 30T BOTTOM BRACKET SRAM Powerspline
RIMS Alloy, Offset Design, Tubeless Ready, 25mm internal width, 28h FRONT HUB Shimano HB-RM35, Center Lock™ disc, 9x100mm spacing, quick-release, 28h REAR HUB Shimano FH-RM35, Center Lock™ disc, 9x135mm spacing, quick-release, 32h SPOKES Stainless, 14g FRONT TIRE Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5x2.3" REAR TIRE Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5x2.3" INNER TUBES Presta, 40mm valve
* Specifications are subject to change without notice